The National Day of Arts in Care Homes, 24 September #AICH2022
The National Day of Arts in Care Homes is an annual event, led by NAPA in the UK, which takes place on 24 September. The aim is to champion, promote and encourage arts engagement in care settings. Read about previous events here: https://artsincarehomes.org.
This year, as part of our 25th celebrations and dedicated #YearofCreativity, NAPA would like to widen the conversation by inviting other countries to get involved. We would be really grateful if you could share the following information with your networks and encourage them to take part, celebrate arts engagement in care provision and help us be creative together:
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Organise arts activities, as part of care provision on 24 September, using any art form, involving all participants in the planning and delivery. This can be in any type of care setting.
- Share information about these activities and related best practice stories on social media, during week commencing 19 September using #AICH2022 and tagging in Arts in Care Homes and NAPA.
Twitter: @Artsincarehomes, @NAPAlivinglife
Facebook: @artsincarenapa @
Instagram: @artsincarehomes @napaactivity
- Take part in online NAPA events. Find out what’s happening and signup here.
- Encourage care settings to create and share images of flowers on social media on 24 September to help NAPA grow an international #Fieldof Flowers. See Page 7 of Get Involved pack for more info.
- Link up with a care setting in the UK, as part of our #CareHomeTwinning initiative. Contact Alison Teader, NAPA Arts in Care homes programme Director, to find out more.
See our press release for more information.
See our Get Involved pack for ideas and inspiration.
Please register your event!
Alison Teader and Hilary Woodhead